Just the other day I was looking at an old friend’s blog, someone I haven’t seen for quite a while now. She’d just had her 28th birthday and had made a list of 30 things she wanted to do before she turned the big “3 … 0”! This had quite a drastic effect on me as I suddenly realised that I have only a short 6 months before hitting that particular age.
Now I’m grateful to say that most of my ambitions and hopes have been realised. I’m very happily married, have two beautiful children and I’m currently training to do the job that I was made to do (although I won’t actually manage to do it before turning 30 :-(). I will always thank God for the life He’s given me. However, I’ve still found it quite a surprise to discover 30 creeping up on me so unexpectedly!
Therefore, following my friends idea, I too have chosen to make my own list (although mine is only 10 long, as I’ve got less time!)
- Start a blog (Hence this page!)
- Lose at least a stone in weight
- Date night with Carole (e.g. a night out without the kids)
- Brew my own beer
- Watch all of House. (Obviously not in one sitting)
- Go to the holy land (this one is pretty unlikely, but you never know)
- Write at least the first 10,000 words of my MPhil dissertation
- Have a morning with nothing to do, including a long lie in.
- Take Sarah to the cinema for the first time.
10. Learn at least the basics of Biblical Hebrew
Some of these are more ambitious than others. I’ll let you know how I get on.